Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011

What an amazing year 2010 was. I moved to Cambodia and began a new job, which looks like it’s shaping up to be a whole new career. I have really enjoyed working with PEPY and it looks like I’ll be doing so for quite a while, albeit with different hats on.

There are so many organizations in the world working to improve education in developing nations, and so few resources at their disposal. Internet searches simply do not turn up curricula, school designs, organizational structures, teaching methodologies, etc. for the developing world. It’s difficult for an organization working with government schools to reconcile the simple fact that an inexpensive and simple lesson in a country like America is cost prohibitive and complicated in a country like Cambodia.

I hope to do as much as I can to change that unfortunate truth in 2011 and beyond.

1 comment: